Ethan loves breakfast. When we woke up this morning, it was overcast & I felt inspired to make a little bigger breakfast than usual. I made hashbrowns, scrambled eggs w/ cottage cheese, fruit etc. I didn't hear one complaint out of Ethan. After he polished off the serving that I'd put on his tray, he was left wanting more scrambled eggs. Being the nice mom that I am, I scooped a portion off my plate onto his. He got a big bite into his mouth and realized it was still a little too hot, so he spit it into his hand, gave it a quick blow & held it out for me to give it a good blow too. I waited until I figured he was done eating, and took the top tray off his highchair in preparation to go clean it when he desperately reach out to grab one more piece of egg. He did so a couple times until every last m
orsel was gone. You'd think I didn't feed this kid or something.
After breakfast I noticed that there were dozens of red-winged blackbirds in our backyard. Ethan pulled a chair over to the sliding glass door so that he could watch them play. He and Dylan sat together like this for almost 5 minutes (which is nothing short of a miracle). At least it kept them both out from under my feet while I did the dishes. ( : I'm thankful for the little things these days.

1 comment:
Eggs: $1.75, High Chair: $75.00, QT time with dylan and red-winged birds + picture + time to wash dishes? Priceless. SO cute.
Post a Comment