Scot was discharged from the hospital this afternoon after going 24 hours without a fever and passing a couple other hospital discharge requirements. Ethan was overjoyed to finally see his dad. (The photo was taken in front of the hospital - we weren't allowed to go to his room).
Scot had a less than ideal afternoon - fatigue, nausea, some abdominal discomfort etc., so we're hoping that he'll start to improve so we don't have to take him back to the hospital.
We still don't have a diagnosis, and probably won't for at least a few more days (I know, could that really be possible?). He has a follow up visit with the Infectious Disease Dr. on Tues - but we're hoping for word before then. He's feeling about 50%, so we'll take things day by day and hope that he's back to full health quickly. In reality, I'm sure it will take some time. We sure are happy to have him home! Ethan hasn't wanted to let his Dad out of his sight, & has been generous with his welcome home hugs. I can tell Scot has really been missing those - and with good reason...they are pretty heart-melting.
I'm off to attend to Scot's medical needs - the next few days of being mom & nurse should be interesting, but I'm up to the challenge. I'll update again soon.

2 comments:
So glad to hear Scot is finally home. Thanks for keeping us updated and hope that they find out why he has been so sick. Take care!
Kristen
really glad that scot is back home! thanks for the updates. you will be in our prayers and on matt's mind as he tries to figure out a diagnosis as well. it's good practice for a resident :)
Post a Comment