Saturday, April 25, 2009

3RD BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION TAKE 2


Ethan's birthday landed on a Wednesday this year, so we had the big extended family party today. As was tradition in my house growing up, I took Ethan's request & made him the cake of his choosing - this year he wanted a firetruck. Truth be told, this is the first year he's actually had enough interest to pick a cake them without having to be given options ...and his wish was my command. ( :

Here are a some photos of the finished product. It's not perfect, but it's the best I could do with 2 kids at my feet.














We had a celebration for Ethan with his Great Grandma & Grandpa Madden, Grandma Judie and Grandpa Steve, Aunt Marcia, Rachel, JD, Daniel, Leah and Lizzy. Party. Thanks for making his birthday celebration so special. 

My parents left their home today to head off on their mission. Part 1 starts in Utah, where they'll be until Wed. mid day, and then they're off to Geneva. I've been feeling a little homesick for them today, knowing that they won't be at home if I were to call I suppose...but I know that they're going to serve the Lord, and for that I'm grateful. I'll still miss having them in the same time zone for the next 2 years. We love you Mom & Dad! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Geneva. 


5 comments:

Suzanne said...

That birthday cake is AMAZING!!!! If that is what you do with two children at your feet, you need to start a business! Good for you. Good to see your smiling faces.

Allen's said...

WoW! That cake its awesome! I think I am going to need lessons!

jweed said...

lovely cake, as always, Kris! so good to know that you will always be connected to the weeds. :) and my mom and dad just got back from a 2 year mission in Mexico. it was harder than i thought it would be to have them gone, but really, really fun to watch them grow in so many ways. what a sacrifice! so congrats to you parents!

Melinda said...

Impressive! You sure have talent. That is a great cake.

Karen said...

That cake is amazing Kristine! If you lived near us, I'd enlist your skills for Sam's 1st birthday! Ethan is getting so big!