Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEARS EVE

In the spirit of all things New Years, I suppose I should be writing a list of potential New Year's resolutions I'll never actually keep, so I'm not going to. Instead, I'll make the goal to try keep my blog up to date so that my kids have a journal, I'll try to be better at keeping in touch with my friends and family & I'll try to be a better wife and mother (if that's even possible - cough). ( : kidding...there's always room for improvement.

We decided to go with the relaxing version of ringing in the New Year. Here's the Woolley family New Years recap: Dinner at Rumbi's (which was pretty empty), Brynn: after we returning home from dinner, she spent much of her time playing with toys on a fuzzy blanket before falling fast asleep at 8:30 pm. Ethan: a complete party animal until we forced him to go to bed at 10 pm. He did manage to toast to the New Year early with a small glass of rootbeer. The rest of us (Scot and Mom and Dad Woolley) made it to the stroke of midnight, toasted with some sparkling cider then broke up the party so we could all get a little shuteye. It was absolutely perfect. Am I getting old?

Here are a few things I need to document so I don't forget:

- Scot and I love how Ethan says the word something - it's "somepin". He'll often say things like "can I tell you somepin" or "I'm looking for a little somepin"etc.

- Lately, Ethan's been saying "I love you to this much...I love you to this little. I love you to the open and close. " It has arm motions that go along with it - arms stretched out as wide as they can go, then hands flat with finger tips pointed towards each other (for this little), and then he opens and shuts them. I have no idea where he got that, but I'll take it.

- Ethan when having a discussion with me and his imaginary friends was talking about building something and somehow mentioned shingles. He then looks at me and says "do you know what shingles are Mommy?" I answer no, just to hear him explain it, so he says "Shingles are used to build roofs." Clearly, he's learning something from Bob the Builder (I assume that's where he got that). For the past few weeks, he has been asking me if I know what things are regularly, ranging from pumpkins to other things. It's adorable.

No comments: