Monday, February 18, 2008

HUSH!


Ethan is crazy in love with books...in fact, he's able to finish phrases & requests books by things that happen IN the stories, or simply by the title. This week, he's had an obsession with the books Hush, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub & Drummer Hoff (all very good stories). Ethan says "HUSH!" rather frequently - often times it makes perfect sense when interjected into conversations. Tonight, JD said "are you being high maintenance Ethan?" and Ethan responded with "HUSH!" Other times, he's more predictable and follows "hush" with various animal sounds that are portrayed in the story.
He loves yelling the Drummer Hoff quote "FIRE - KAHBLOOOOOOMM", & when requesting King Bidgood's in the bathtub, he says either "Tub - Help! Help! Glub, glub glub." or HELP! HELP! Page." As with many of his other books, I really don't need to READ them anymore...but I am thrilled with his love of reading & will always oblige his requests to read him a good book. Now I need to remember to get out the camcorder to record some of this stuff.

Tonight as Scot, his cousin JD & I were finishing dinner, Ethan came over to me pulling his shirt up and said "TUB" - I asked if he was wanting to take another bath, but then he said "help, help! READ." I asked him to wait until we were done eating & then I would go upstairs to get the books - which was apparently not the correct answer...a few minutes later I heard him upstairs retrieving the books on his own. He'll stop at nothing until he gets what he wants. ( :

No comments: