We had a fun filled Christmas Eve...kicked off with a cousins sledding activity in our neighborhood. Sarah,

Brynn and I went to watch all the boys in action...but decided after seeing how much fun the hill was, that we should do a run of our own.

Jeans and all - Sarah and I went down the hill side by side in a race. Sarah didn't want me to win (with Brynn on my lap), so she used her "hold the leg" strategy, which flipped both of our sleds around prior to having us have to face the ravine.

That was Brynn's second run of the day, the first run - she went on the sled with Scot. They hauled down the hill and at the very bottom, she was buried under a bunch of snow. Scot had to shake and brush her off...when I say covered, I mean COVERED. By the time she and Scot made it back up the hill, my little snow baby just wouldn't let go of me.

By far, the funniest run of the day? After Jared and Scot had made several individual attempts to beat Scot's farthest run of the day, they decided to join forces by making a team luge inspired run. According to Scot, the luge has got nothing on them...which may be a fair statement. I have never seen anything like it before, and I think the picture speaks for itself. Needless to say, Sarah and I died laughing.

Christmas Eve night, we spent time with the extended family at Grandma Judie and

Grandpa Steve's house. We had their traditional soup dinner - chicken dumpling and clam chowder. Delicious.

Ethan could not get enough of his cousins. He has been waiting for them to come since the moment I mentioned they were coming for Christmas. Thank goodness it's finally come...I don't know how much longer I could've held him off.

Grandma Judie and Grandpa Steve gave all the kids matching jammies. Brynn represented well as the only girl. What cute cousins. Ethan and Brynn were in heaven.
Tonight after we got the kids to bed, Santa was able to drop off his gifts. Little People house and van for Brynn, and just as Ethan requested, Megatron & Starscream transformers and a fireman puzzle.

I ended up wrapping gifts to put under the tree at the very last minute due to the Brynn unwrapping factor...well that, and because I was a little too lazy to put bows on all the packages. I decided it wasn't worth worrying about, and I don't think the kids will even notice.
2 comments:
Last time I went sledding, I went home with a concution (SP?) Glad all are well. The tree is stunning.
Can I come live with you too? Sledding is one of the funnest things to do ever! Poor Bryn, she might not agree with me. That Sarah is a competitive little thing. You look fabulous darling.. absolutely fabulous.
Post a Comment