Thursday, February 12, 2009

FUNTASTIC FUN

I know what you're thinking, but no, I didn't make that name up...some other creative genius local indoor amusement park owner did. Let me say, although very funtastic in activities for kids, the girl at the front counter told us that removal of shoes was a requirement for all so they could keep the place clean. Hmmmm, too late. One worker carrying around a squirt bottle with cleaner and a rag does not constitute cleanliness. I could've recommended a firehose to clean some of those things, but whose looking? Well, except for in the ball pits...everyone looks at those right when their children jump in and start swimming around. I tried not to dwell on it because it was called "FUNTASTIC FUN" afterall (even though I thought it should've been called fungitastic fun after I noted a small water leak in the ceiling. The workers shrugged it off because they knew about it already, & the moldy water was just being soaked up into our childrens socks...but hey - not big deal). I'm not trying to take away from the fun we all had there, I just can't go to places like that without stating the obvious. The kids all had a blast, which was actually the idea, so I have no complaints there.

We went with my friends Liz Tannyhill, Merideth Likes, Sarah Hughes & Tara Griffin and their kids, and honestly, everyone had a marvelous time. We pretty much had the place to ourselves, which is never a bad thing. The funniest things of the day? Well, let me list those out:

- You had to ride the rides in a certain order...there was no going straight to the ride of your choosing. Signs were posted as you were on a ride to let you know exactly where to go next. That's what you get when there is only 1 ride operator for all 6 rides. The kids tried to band together and throw the ride operator off, which the did a couple times - but she looked completely confused and overwhelmed that we weren't following the signs. Tough day pushing buttons at the office I suppose.

- The kids kept changing their minds as to who they wanted to ride with on the whip ride, so Liz and Sarah ended up squeezing themselves into a car together. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Way to go girls! Now THAT'S entertainment.


- Ethan tried to convince Kenzie to hold his hand on the balloon ferris wheel. (She's got a twin brother and she wanted none of it. She's an independant woman).

- Ethan and his friend Nathan spent much of the day cracking each other up...they are total boys, it's hilarious.










- We passed a shop on the way to Funtastic Fun that was totally noteworthy. I was on the phone with Liz & tried to get her to look, but she missed it entirely. I was determined to catch a photo of it on the way home, so I held my camera out to the side, and snapped just in time to catch it as we passed. It was a small miracle. Who comes up with this stuff? I'm totally missing the connection, but I'm really interested in how business is. (*For those of you who can't make out the sign, it says "Jesus is Still the Answer Dog Grooming").
All in all, it was a fabulous day. Brynn was a gem & spent the entirety of the day being passed from friend to friend or hanging out in the Baby Bjorn. She's a saint.

No comments: