Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FIRST OF MANY...

Ethan and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together for a couple weeks, and tonight - we finished reading it. I'm so proud of him - he loved every minute of it & would request that we keep reading most nights until we had read 3 or 4 of the stories. I'm excited to keep re-reading it with him, and tomorrow while he is in school - I'm off to buy the OT and the NT so we can read those together as well. What a great kid.

We spent a few hours today at Chuck E. Cheese, which isn't amongst my favorite places on earth, but today it was great for the
kids. I enjoyed watching them get so excited about everything they played and did. It was a fabulous 2 hours out of the 97 degree heat. We met my friend Merideth Likes and her 4 kids there - but Merideth and I were not able to hang out at one of the tables and talk cause our kids are too small to manage all the games on their own. Someday - we'll get there...it will be a few years, but that's fine with me. I already think my kids are growing up way too fast, I'll enjoy every moment with them while I can.

It was a challenging day for me, and I felt a bit overwhelmed at some points just trying to figure out how to get Ethan to listen to me, and obey without me having to ask him repeatedly. I decided that it's a work in progress, and we'll just have to find a way to work together. I can't get too upset or frustrated because that won't do any good - but I need to get this figured out before our number 3 arrives. I'm sure with some prayers, and guidance from the Holy Ghost, I'll have some resolution in no time. ( :

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I feel overwhelmed almost all the time, every day. You're doing great!